Learn techniques for effectively managing customer conflict, as well as building resilience.
A practical one-day course which develops skills for customer conflict management. It also includes building resilience training for customer-facing staff.
To introduce practical conflict resolution and personal resilience techniques and strategies that team members can effectively utilise, when managing customer conflict situations in the workplace.
We also offer a separate one-day conflict resolution course for managers and team leaders.
This conflict and resilience training equips staff in customer-facing roles with the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively respond to customer conflict, including aggressive or intimidating behaviour. The course is suitable for face-to-face or telephone based customer service or sales staff.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Defined confrontation and their role in preventing and managing conflict in the workplace.
- Recognised their preferred approach when faced with conflict and adopt alternative strategies to resolve it.
- Understood the relationship between thoughts and behaviours and managed their thoughts to remain positive and confident.
- Demonstrated how to handle challenging customer situations in a positive, assertive and empathetic manner.
- Developed their own toolkit for managing stress and maintaining resilience.
Thomas Kilmann conflict styles
- Understanding different styles and responses to conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and reflection, small group exercise and review
Understanding and managing thoughts and beliefs
- Beliefs and behaviours
- Applying to conflict, confidence and stress
- Facilitator tips, discussion with practical exercise
Preventing and managing conflict
- Controlling the challenging customer situations with assertiveness and empathy
- Demonstration, facilitator tips and practice sessions
Developing a stress and resilience toolkit
- An introduction to stress awareness
- Review of current coping strategies and sharing best practice
- Techniques to use before, during and after the customer conversation
- Team support and positivity – maintaining a positive atmosphere while working in a negative ‘environment’
- Testing out the use of current and new strategies
- Practice sessions in pairs or trios, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading to prepare for the training
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Testimonials from previous attendees
Fun and informative. Thought provoking.
I’m so grateful for all the tools I learnt today and I look forward to apply them all at work.