Develop your business communication skills and build rapport with colleagues and customers.
A practical one-day training course focusing on effective communication and interpersonal skills for business. Also available in truncated form as a half-day course, with a ‘bite-size’ virtual training option.
To enable participants to communicate clearly and with impact, by improving their verbal and non-verbal communication style, as well as enhancing interpersonal skills. Communicating effectively will soon seem effortless!
This communication skills training course is extremely helpful to those providing or selling a service to others. The effective communication strategies and techniques help team members take control of conversations effectively and in an engaging way for the recipient.
The training also helps team members verbal communication across different internal teams.
By the end of this one-day course, the participants will have:
- Identified effective communication practices and techniques to overcome communication challenges within the workplace.
- Recognised different styles of communication that they and their colleagues use to communicate and make decisions.
- Selected ways to adapt their communication style and methods to create understanding and engagement with others.
- Used communication techniques to enhance their communication with others.
Framework for effective communication
- One-way versus two-way communication
- Process of communication
- Barriers and common causes to mis-communication
- Framework for giving and receiving communication
- Different communication methods and their effectiveness
- Presentation, exercise in trios, facilitated whole group discussion
- Perceptions and filters
- Different communication styles
- Identifying our own communication styles and preferences
- Adjusting to other communication styles
- Individual exercise, facilitator presentation, small group exercises, facilitated group review
Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Taking control using a simple Transactional Analysis model
- Voice tone and projection
- Active listening
- Pairs exercises with facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning
- Individual reflection, action planning communication skills exercise with co-coaching, facilitated group review
The training will be supported with:
- An electronic pre-course Communication Styles questionnaire
- Optional participant pre-course reading to prepare for effective communication
- A participant journal with tips, communication techniques and space for personal notes. For a sustainable solution, we offer editable journals for online use
- Participant and Manager Coaching Guide
Testimonials from previous attendees
Excellent. Using all I have learned in my working environment.
Sharon was very helpful, informative and delivered the course very effectively.
Very good, really enjoyed the activities. I will definitely use what I have learnt.
Very likeable trainer and very knowledgeable. Adapted the [communication skills] course brilliantly to current situations.