Learn the art of effective networking in business.
A comprehensive one-day networking skills training programme, offered as an in-company course, facilitated by an experienced trainer and coach, in London and the South East.
The course provides participants with a range of business networking tools and techniques. As a result, they will be able to develop a networking strategy and plan to achieve their goals.
Participants will also develop their business networking skills to ‘work the room’ with confidence, develop relationships and convert them into business.
For individuals wanting to develop their skills, confidence and strategy for networking, to win business. The business networking course can also be delivered for women only, to address their specific networking challenges.
By the end of the one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Understood the full scope and benefits of networking as a tool to raise the profile of their organisation, their team and themselves.
- Prepared for networking events and other networking activity to achieve their objectives.
- ‘Worked the room’ confidently – starting conversations, keeping conversations going and moving on with ease.
- Facilitated conversations between others.
- Removed any mental barriers between themselves and effective networking.
The PINK approach to networking – introduction to networking
- Applying networking to your role and objectives
- Mapping your network – uncovering the contacts you already have in your network
- Improving the quality and quantity of your contacts– activities and skills
- Developing existing contacts
- Asking for referrals, resources, help and advice
- Removing the mental barriers to networking – confidence building
- Playing to your strengths
Making new business contacts including ‘working the room’ skills
- Making contact
- Approaching people
- Starting conversations
- Keeping it going
- Moving on
- Following up
- Maintaining contact
Networking action plans
- Team discussion
- The facilitator will demonstrate and present a range of business networking techniques and facilitate participants’ contributions to ensure an engaging and interactive session
- There will be a range of individual and small group exercises, facilitated group discussion, group practise sessions followed with a personal action planning session
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading covering networking skills for business
- A colour printed workbook with networking tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Testimonials from previous attendees
Informal environment and a good opportunity to practice how to network.
Very useful training with helpful tips to overcome the fear of networking.