Improve innovation and develop creative thinking in your workplace.
An inspirational one-day creativity and innovation training course to develop creative thinking – for managers and work teams. Also available as a ‘bite-size’ virtual course, run collaboratively via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
To provide managers and specialists with a range of simple creative thinking techniques that they can use to generate ideas and solve problems at work. Real life work problems and opportunities can also be built into the training, to help generate some ideas and potential solutions that can be implemented at work.
By the end of this creativity and innovation training, the participants will have:
- An understanding of why some people are naturally creative, but also how everyone can develop their creative skills
- Knowledge of how to use a range of creative thinking methods, tools and techniques to generate ideas and solve problems
- The opportunity to apply the methods and tools to generate ideas for improving areas of their own work
Benefits of using a creative approach
- Facilitator presentation, participant personal introductions and ice breaker
Recognising the difference between creativity & innovation
- Understanding the cycle of innovation
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
Breaking through thought patterns and assumptions
- Recognising left and right brain thinking
- Identifying how creative we are
- Individual creative thinking exercise, group review and self assessment questionnaire
- Simple methods and techniques to develop creativity
- Identifying ways to further develop creative thinking
- Individual practical exercises and group review
Methods and tools for generating ideas
- Brainstorming or blue sky thinking session
- Reverse brainstorming
- Sort cards or mind maps
- Sticky notes/Metaplanning technique
- Identifying when best to use each idea generation technique
- Facilitator technique demonstration with group plus learning review
Logical versus lateral thinking
- Recognising the differences between lateral and logical thinking
- Appreciating our strengths
- Energiser exercise, short presentation, ‘Message in a bottle” exercise, review
Creative problem solving
- Creative problem solving techniques
- Using the problem checklist, “go wild” and 5 whys
- Applying to work related problems
- Facilitator demonstration of techniques, pairs or trios exercise
Applying the learning
- Turning creative ideas into action
- Small group practical problem solving and creative thinking activities, group feedback and review
Reviewing the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Testimonials from previous attendees
The trainer was very engaging and made you think of new and different ways to be creative.
The trainer was excellent, kept us all engaged throughout the day. The content of the course was relevant, and we were given many different ways to implement Creative Thinking in our day to day roles. I will definitely be using some of them with my team to improve a number of the tasks we currently do.
Excellent. New techniques for creativity.
Excellent. Great workshop to give some other perspectives looking for new ideas.
Really engaging and fun – exactly what you want from a course on creativity.
Really insightful and enjoyable. Good balance of theory and exercises.
I thought the course was run brilliantly! Very interactive and everyone got involved.
Excellent training – enjoyed the format of the course. 100% interactive. Takeaways include brainstorming, negative brainstorming, and SOCS.
Very enjoyable and I learnt new techniques which I will be able to apply day to day.
Fun, enabled me to think of new ways to create ideas.
Ann pushed us into achieving far more than we thought possible and has left us with tools and skills we didn’t know we had.
Enjoyed the day – developed a way of harnessing creative thinking in a workable process.